Job hunting while on visitor visa

catherinet89
catherinet89
I spent the last year in Calgary on a working holiday. During this time i met my boyfriend and would like to apply for a work permit so we can live together for 12 months, he wants to sponsor me to get pr but I need a job so that i can stay in Canada legally during this time. I was looking into the fast food industry since there seems to be a high demand for workers and i have several years experience but after sending out over 100s of resumes and not having a single reply im starting to worry. I am staying with family in the USA but only have 90 days since im a resident of Germany. I think it would be easier to find a job within Canada handing out resumes in person. Im just worried that this will get me in trouble and maybe cost me getting a work permit. What are my best options right now? I only have a month and a half left and time is running out before i have to return to Germany.
Any advice is greatly appreciated
David
David
There is no prohibition on seeking work in Canada while in Canada as a temporary resident. However, once a position is offered, the work permit must be obtained prior to eligibility to commence work. In some cases, this can take months.

1-2 of 2

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.