Post-Graduation Work Permit/Spouse

jescaba86
jescaba86
Hello,

I am applying for my post-graduation and have added my wife as my dependent. There's a section of the application where it asks me what my wife wants to do in Canada: Stay as a visitor, apply or extend for a study permit, apply or extend for a work permit, apply or extend for a study and work permit. She is already here with a student permit which will expire in 2015. The only problem is that we had a baby and she won't be able to study. She got an open work permit the first time she got here during my studies. So the question is, if I select "apply or extend for a work permit", will she get an open work permit? Am I risking her not to get an open work permit? I am already working as a baker (Skill Level B I believe).

What should I do?

Thanks
David
David
Advising you on an appropriate selection is outside of the scope of this forum. However, if you can demonstrate that you are working in an occupation that is classified as highly skilled and are eligible for a work permit for a duration of 6 months or greater, it should be possible to seek an open work permit for a spouse of common-law partner. Such a request can be made in the context of your own inland application for your own work permit. The information that you have provided does not otherwise identify any issue that would specifically preclude the issuance of an open work permit to her.
vidhis
vidhis

Hi,

I am getting married to a guy having a work permit in canda. He has started working for Lecor group. Please let me know how can he be able to take me along with him after marriage and also will I be able to work there. Thanks.

Last updated -

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.