Starting a life in Canada with my American fiance: How?


First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to help us out with this email. My fiance and I have been in a long distance relationship (she is American, I'm Canadian) for almost a year now and we've finally decided we want to marry here in Canada and start a life together. We have been having some difficulty finding a clear way of doing this so my question is: how do we go about getting the government to allow her to work and live here? in other words, once we marry, how can she become a permanent resident with rights to work? I've read that I am not able to sponsor her because I've been on welfare. Will that be a huge problem? My income right now isn't so much that I could support her while she stays and we do the paperwork but we're willing to rough it out. Also, I'm not sure if this helps but she just recently graduated from a BA of art history this July so going back to school in the fall is not out of the question either.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks you so much,

Andrew & Alex.

1-1 of 1

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.